Job Title: Materials Planner
Department: Supply Chain
Reports to: Materials Manager
Manage the supply levels for our manufacturing operations. In this role, you are responsible for forecasting our supply needs and ensuring we always have materials on hand. This position focuses on injection molding, as you must source the raw materials, we need to produce products. Your duties will involve submitting purchase orders and expediting orders when necessary. Familiarization with both MRP and SAP software, as you will be required to use both in the material planning process.
Responsibilities - What You'll Be Doing:
• Determining the required materials and possibly generating purchase orders/scheduling agreements.
• Ensuring materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
• Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
• Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, etc.
• Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns.
• Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
• Liaising with operations, manufacturing, and purchasing.
• Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or logistics
• 2+ years proven experience managing material plans for construction projects or large-scale material moves.
• Knowledge of construction methods and technologies, and ability to interpret technical drawings and contracts.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Familiarization with both MRP and SAP software