Job Title: Customer Service Planner - Production Scheduler
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Customer Service/Planning Manager
This position is responsible for communications with customers to demonstrate excellent customer service and develop effective customer relationships. Manage consumer demand; provide manufacturing with an achievable production schedule to achieve 100% On-Time and In-Full shipments to customers.
Essential Functions - What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist Customer Service/Planning Manager by adhering to and enforcing work processes and procedures.
- Ensure Customer orders are entered accurately; on-time in conformance to contractual due dates daily while reviewing planning of current customer demand versus current production schedule. Complete updates and corrections as required in cooperation with manufacturing leaders.
- Manage customer relationships with a positive and friendly attitude along with fully supporting and communicating with the manufacturing team to achieve production schedules.
- Complete new item number with customer item part cross reference set ups and pricing in SAP.
- Monitor any past due orders, or potential shipment disruptions for communication with customers as well as forecast of future production capacity required to meet customer demand 3 months in the future.
- Identify potential raw material shortages and escalate to responsible personnel for resolution to make appropriate changes to production schedule and communicate with customers regularly, making sure to notify customers when there may be any type of delay or delivery issue with their orders.
- Assist Accounting with reconciliation of debits by customers by researching issues to determine reasons for debit, issuing credit and debit memos as required to balance customer accounts after research.
- Provide pricing and delivery information.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
- Assist to resolve issues with customer EDI data.
- Schedule outbound shipments within customer portals or expedited shipments.
- Process and schedule work into production schedule any dealer orders/sample orders (Engineering, Quality, Replacement Part Orders) and provide ETA of completion to requestor.
- Maintain planning parameters in ERP system.
- Schedule trucks for Shipping thru Customer Portals (as required) and provide Shipping with notification of ETA, print pick list and organize for shipping supervisor.
- Other responsibilities and duties as required or assigned.
Authorities: Sign shipping documents as necessary to process shipments domestic and international.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or a combination of education; and a minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing/industrial environments and or a customer service and production planning environment with a knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Strong computer skills are necessary and experience working in an ERP/MRP systems along with intermediate skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to multitask and to work well under pressure.
- Strong teamwork skills are required to foster and build cohesive team.
- Good verbal communications skills. Must communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization, internally, externally.
- Ability to learn and adapt to other specified software modules implemented in this area of the organization.
- Experience in customer portals: PACCAR, Daimler, Tesla, Volvo, Rivian, Caterpillar (desirable)
- SAP experience preferred.
- APICS certification (desirable)